Monday 28 January 2013

Toot toot, toot toot.....

Smiley Spidey!
Nothing like blowing your own trumpet is there....?!  No, I'm not talking about face-painting abilities, which are clearly lacking (see previous blog).  I post this picture safe in the knowledge that my inbox won't be bombarded by village fete and school fair organisers desperate for my skills.
Actually, I don't understand painting activities with children.  It takes you 25 minutes to set up the table, paint, water pots, paper, aprons etc etc.  They then paint for seven minutes and it takes you a further 25 to clear up!  Who exactly has been entertained?

Music, as well as art, is not a strong subject but I feel like toot, tooting my own trumpet today as I've been blown away by all the nice things people are saying about my blog.  So, thank you to the following well-wishers; as the saying goes, you know who you are!

"Hey up Dianne ! It's like virtual sitting down with you and a bottle of wine.... Kerry Katona eh, well I was next to Harry Gration in the q 4 bacon sarni at boys hockey last Sunday!"

I love the idea that my blog is like a nice convivial evening with friends in a country pub but I have to question whether Harry measures up to Kerry in the hob-nobbing stakes.....does anyone north of Bedale or south of Dinnington actually know who Mr Gration is!!!???  Mind you, I looked him up on Wikipedia and discovered he went to the same uni as me, no less!

"No football to go to, so spent interesting half hour or so catching up with your blogs,  
Had quite a titter (not twitter) to myself."

"Very entertaining as ever!"

"I have been reading and really enjoyed your blog  -  very funny and have just read yesterdays and can't believe Teddy's traumatic birth  -  how horrific for you but how fantastic looking at him now, 
a handsome and healthy boy."

Agreed!  
Although, I think his heart surgery must have had some effect on his common sense, he does come out with some howlers.  In London the other week, we stood on the roadside opposite Big Ben taking photographs when he piped up: "Muuuum, what time is it?"


"Just to let you know I have been reading and really enjoyed your blog  -  very funny."

 "Love the blog! All very heartfelt and heart worn on the sleeve topics."

"Well written ~ very honest and from the heart."

I also love the idea that I 'wear my heart on my sleeve'.  It's oft been said of me and would be a suitable epitaph.   That, and 'gobby, opinionated and never shuts up'.
A former President of the Oporto Ladies Guild once described me as a 'breath of fresh air' in the community and I shall never forget that as a wonderful compliment.  I was even honoured with a request to take over as President but my imminent return to the UK meant this wasn't possible.  Hey, I've just found some articles I wrote about the Guild, don't you just love the www!

 http://www.theportugalnews.com/news/view/685-34 
http://www.theportugalnews.com/news/view/833-33 

(Sorry, these won't mean much to most of you, but there will be a few readers out there who have fond memories of these times.)

And speaking of readers, can I just end by saying  Здравствуйте! (that's 'hello' to my Russian readers, of whom it seems there are many!).

Thank you for reading, wherever you are in the world. 

Creche at the Oporto Ladies Guild Christmas Fair, a few years ago