Wednesday 14 November 2012

There's money in them there qwerty keys

This blogging lark is making me happier than I could have imagined. Getting back to my writing roots is wonderful following the rather abrupt thwarting of my career (maybe more of that later, once I've checked the terms of the NDA!).
The response has been great, people are actually reading these ramblings. Only this morning a friend and fellow school-run mum shouted, 'love your blog' across the playground and my therapist said it was 'awesome' and made me cry (hence the need for the therapist).
My husband's only comment has been, 'have you mentioned the shop?'  So here goes;  he runs a wonderful little on-course golf shop in West Yorkshire with competitive prices and first class service for all your golfing needs, shoes and clothing, hardware, accessories, lessons and custom fitting (01924 350102).  Yadder, yadder, yadder.  There you go dear, you got a mention, can I get on with waffling now please?!

Having only heard about blogging a few weeks ago (yes, I live in a hole) I decided to look at some on my Kindle last night (having finally (thank God) finished Fifty Shades of Drivel).
OMG, people pay to read blogs?!  And the one I bought, a similar mummy/housewife blog, was laden down with name-dropping, FOR WHICH SHE GETS FREE STUFF!  She got a bloody holiday at Center Parcs for 400 words!  That's worth about £3 a word during the school holidays / 50p a word in term time - don't you just love CP and their pricing policy; can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em?!!!
Stop it, I need to be nice if any free stuff is gonna land on my doorstep.  So here goes.....
I went shopping in Leeds last week and was looking in a shop window at Tag Heuer watches www.tagheuer.com when a SLK drove past (black please) www.mercedes-benz.co.uk driven by a lady wearing some lovely Prada sunglasses www.prada.com who was on her way to the airport for a Virgin Cruise in the Caribbean www.virginholidays.co.uk.
OK, even I'm bored now.  And it turns out the lady blogger getting free stuff was also getting 10,000 hits a month and I'm currently have a grand total of 57 so I'd better stick to the day job to try and pay the mortgage, I repeat, that's my FANTASTIC Woolwich mortgage www.woolwich.co.uk