Saturday 17 November 2012

Eat less, move more, simples!

My computer has turned into Fort Knox and I'll be suing Norton when I pile on the pounds again as it's not letting me open my Weight Watchers site!  I can touch type faster than the wind but I'm hopeless at IT and it seems I've fire-walled myself to the hilt.
Before
Speaking of the weight watching, it's thanks to www.weightwatchers.co.uk that I shed nearly two stone last year, and also thanks to my neighbour.  A chance conversation with her at a kids cricket match soon after my 40th prompted me to give it a go.  She hadn't ever looked overweight and I couldn't believe she'd shed pounds.  I was in the same boat, not overly over-weight but a bit chunky (as my husband would put it!!).
But I ultimately signed up for me, to look and feel better about myself, and it worked.  Within six months on the Pro Points plan and I was nearly two stone lighter and a 10/12 instead of a 14/16. Thank you WW.  Blimey, I've gone all serious today haven't I? Don't worry, it won't last.
Anyway, I took the route of most WW graduates and took up running.  Well, it started out as strolling a bit faster than usual; little old ladies with zimmer frames would overtake me and I'd just make it to the Co-Op and back before I collapsed in a sweating heap.  However, I stuck to it and am very proud that I'm doing my first 10K and have raised £316 for Age UK.
There's a bitter sweet irony in the fact that I'm running in aid of the Winter Warmth campaign and this week I've caught my first bloody cough 'n' cold of the year and had to stop training!  Darn it.  I'll let you know how I get on.
For now, I must dash; need to bleach my teeth in case I'm on Look North's coverage of the Abbey Dash, grimacing for the camera as they open the road again and shoppers and little old ladies stroll past me, laughing!

After