Tuesday 18 April 2017

Status pending

Any discerning withdewrespect reader understands my love-hate (mainly the latter) relationship with Facebook but I was astounded this week to check my profile and spot that, according to the social media giant, my kinship / genetic association with my firstborn has a large question mark hanging over it.

It links my profile with that of Teddy Ferreira, detailing, Relationship: SON (pending).

Clearly my history of antics as a football mum are causing him to publically deny our blood bond.

I just don't understand it. For example, only last week I was perfectly dignified on the side-line.

I had bought myself a cup of tea from Costa on the way to his game.  While the teams were warming up, I sat in  my car and picked up the cup from the drink holder. Oddly, tea was streaming out of the bottom of the cup and soaked my legs, coat and seat before I opened the door and put the cup down on the floor outside the car. 

I cleared myself up the best I could, reached down to pick up the cup, got out and set off walking only to take two steps before squealing in pain as a sharp object pierced through my wellington boots, ski socks and inevitably, my skin.

I hopped around with the leaking cup of tea in one hand, trying to remove the sharp object from my flesh and pull off my boot and sock with my other hand;  I'm such a cool football mum.

The mysterious spikey object was from a stash of drawing pins that I keep in the car for displaying signage on my clients' noticeboards.
And, to add insult to clearly very un-di
gnified injury, it was the very same drawing pin that pierced the cup and then (after I put the tea on the floor) fell out of the cup and I pierced my foot as I stepped on it!

Once again in my quest to become super-cool-mum, I've gone and put my foot in it.

Looks like my bid to attain motherhood status will remain 'pending' for a while longer.